As the country comes to more accept the reality of the crisis, there's going to be much more receptivity to a full-blown discussion of the solutions. - Al Gore
What to say?
- Provide your first name and location. (age is optional)
- Why climate change matters to you. (optional)
- Something that Al Gore has said or done in the past to inspire you. (optional)
- Request that Mr. Gore include the impact of animal agriculture on climate change and let people know that they can greatly reduce their environmental impact by eliminating or decreasing their consumption of animal products in his presentations going forward.
- If you make a scientific claim that cannot be easily verified by doing a quick internet search, please provide resources.
Suggested guidelines: Keep your video short, about 2-3 minutes. Keep it civil and objective. Do not use profanity. Don’t worry if something you wanted to say has already been said, Mr. Gore still needs to hear from you even if it is exactly that same as what someone else did. Feel free to make it funny or otherwise engaging, for example, by doing a skit.
- Do it with a friend. It is much more fun, they can help you record it, and then you can do the same for them.
- You don't need special equipment to so the video. Most digital cameras and cell (mobile) phones will let you record video with audio.
- Practice what you want to say.
- Don't worry, you will probably make mistakes while shooting the video. Just do another take.
- Keep the camera rolling. Stopping each time you make a mistake will throw you off balance.
- If you have a lot to say, put it in large print in a PowerPoint presentation. Position the camera next to your computer monitor (or you could use a built-in webcam if your computer has one) and advance the slides (a friend can help) as you speak into the camera.
- Start and stop with a few extra seconds of stationary position, that is, without moving or saying anything. It will allow you to add nice fade-in and fade-out effects to your video without cutting of the video while you are still speaking.
- If you are camera shy, you can create a picture slideshow with a voiceover of your message to Al Gore (see Resources below).
What to do with your finished video?
- Upload it to Youtube as a video response to http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lB13TseE3EY.
- Use the following tags to tag your video (in addition to other tags relevant to your video): Operation Missing Link, Al Gore, Climate Change, Animal Agriculture, Global Warming, Op_ML, People Powered Peace
- Link to it on our Facebook page.
- Tweet it to your friends (use hastag #Op_ML).
- Share it with your friends and family. Ask them to make a video of their own.
Windows Live Movie Maker (WLMM) Resources
I for one do not believe our country can withstand 10 more years of the status quo. - Al Gore